Benefits that a mother may experience:
- Reduces swelling in hands, feet and ankles
- Lessens sciatic pain
- Eases discomfort throughout the body
- Relaxes tense muscles and can help increase flexibility.
- Decreases insomnia
- Increases blood and lymph flow which can help with fatigue.
- Increases blood circulation, which delivers more oxygen and nutrients to the mother and baby.
- Strengthens the immune system
- Stimulates the release of endorphins, the body’s natural pain killers, into the brain and nervous system.
- Helps relieve anxiety and/or depression
- Massage can be beneficial to help ease discomfort during labor and birth
- Eases stress mothers often feel after the birth
There are many more benefits! This list will hopefully give you an idea of how beneficial massage can be during pregnancy. For more information and to schedule your massage call Blissful Bellys today.